Burgas Free University is certified according to the quality standards of the International Organization for Standardization /ISO/.In 2005 BFU was certified under ISO 9001:2000 and in 2010 - under ISO 9001:2008. All the University’s main activities have been certified, as well as its degree programmes: education of students in Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes, qualification, research and international relations activities.
The Quality Assurance System of Burgas Free University has been developed according to the international standard EN ISO 9001:2008. The aims, instruments and methods for quality management are defined in the System.
The methods and processes of the quality management at BFU are as follows:
- Annual questionnaires are developed and carried out with the applicants of BFU, the students, the graduates, the teachers and the employers.
- Regular internal audits are carried out to monitor all the main, auxiliary and service activities and structural units of the university.
- The results of the questionnaires and audits are analyzed by the university management and through the system of decision making and control specific measures are planned.
- Regular training courses are held in order to improve the qualification of the teachers and staff according to the needs analysis carried out.
- Annual evaluation and attestation of the university academic staff is carried out.
Vice Rector of Academic Affairs and Accreditation
Representative of the university management as regards the quality assurance
BFU, office 306, tel. +359 56 900 506
Quality Management Department
BFU, office 16, tel: +359 56 900 446