ADMISSION TO BACHELOR AND MASTER PROGRAMMES
Foreign nationals may apply at Burgas Free University if they have completed their secondary education allowing them access to higher education institutions in their country of origin.
- An application form
- A copy of the secondary education diploma – for admission to Bachelor programmes;
- A copy of the higher education diploma – for admission to Master programmes;
- An academic Transcript of Records listing all courses passed – for transfer students only;
- An official document issued by a competent authority certifying the applicant’s right to continue his education in the higher education institutions in the country where the secondary education has been completed;
- A document certifying the level of proficiency of Bulgarian language, issued by a higher education institution in the Republic of Bulgaria – if the applicants speak Bulgarian and will not attend the preparatory language course.
- A health certificate issued not earlier than 1 month prior to application, verified by the competent authorities in the country from which the candidate applies.
- A copy of passport or other personal ID document with the applicant’s name printed in Latin letters and date and place of birth. Dual citizenship holders apply with their both IDs.
- 2 recent passport-size photos.
Thе documents listed in points 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 should be translated in Bulgarian (or English), certified and legalized at the Bulgarian Embassy or Consulate in the country, from which the candidate is applying.
The application documents should be submitted personally or sent by postal mail to the following address:
Burgas Free University
62 San Stefano Street
For submitting application documents – 1st September
For enrollment – 1 month after the Letter of Acceptance is issued
Applying early is advisable.
The applicants enroll after a ranking according to their documents.
BFU sends the application documents to the Ministry of Education for legalization and official approval.
The Ministry of Education sends a Letter of Acceptance with the name of the admitted student to BFU.
The student pays by a bank transfer the fee for the first semester of the preparatory year for studying Bulgarian language (for applicants who do not speak Bulgarian).
BFU sends the Letter of Acceptance and the payment document to the student for the purposes of visa application.
Language of Instruction:
The language of instruction is Bulgarian.
One-year preparatory Bulgarian language course is provided and is compulsory for all international students who do not speak Bulgarian.
International Relations Office
tel: + 359 56 900 520