ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (INDUSTRY)
PhD Programme: ”Economics and Management” (Industry)
Faculty: Faculty of Business Studies
Educational and Scientific Degree: Doctor
Scientific Major: 3.8. Economics
Mode of Study: full-time; part-time; individual
The PHD programme in Economics and Management (Industry) is connected with the need for researchers for the business in the Southeastern region of Bulgaria and the fact that no other university offers a similar program in this region. This PHD programme gives the opportunity for broad fundamental training in specialized courses, with further definition of the sector, in view of the specific needs for developing the chosen topic of the dissertation..
Burgas Free University and the Faculty of Business Studies develop and support the transfer of scientific and applied results into the practice in favour of increasing the competitiveness and vitality of the Bulgarian branches in the industry and services in the globalizing economy. The expected topics are in the corporate sector of investment decisions and strategy development, as well as in the entrepreneurial sector, innovations and project management.
PhD Graduates Competences
In the process of training and research the PhD student is prepared to prove competences in personal and professional culture, as follows:
- implementation of a broad toolbox of scientific and practical methods and techniques for testing the activity of enterprises, sectors and branches of industry and services;
- implementation of scientific and applied research results in the activity of companies in the leading sectors and branches of the industry and services in the Southeastern region of Bulgaria;
- to develop as specialists, capable in teamwork, with business competence and leadership skills.
PhD students need to acquire the number of credits required and defend a PhD thesis.
Professional Qualification and Career Opportunities:
The PhD graduates in Economics and Management (Industry) can:
- conduct teaching and research activity in universities, research institutes and high-tech companies at home and abroad;
- develop careers as managers, professionals and analysts in small, medium and large enterprises in the Bulgarian industry, bodies of the state and municipal government, banks, investment companies and funds, consulting firms, business incubators, business clusters and networks and others