STATUTE, MISSION, ACADEMIC PROFILE
Burgas Free University /BFU/ was established with an Act of The Great National Assembly on 18 September 1991, and is one of the first non-state universities in the country. The University is accredited by the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency.
BFU is a modern and innovative university, caring for its students and their professional realization, and which has significant academic achievements and an internationally recognized status:
- BFU is a member of the European Universities Association /EUA/;
- It has signed Agreements of Cooperation with 36 universities and organizations in Europe, America, Asia and Africa;
- It implements students and staff exchange programmes with 24 universities in Europe;
- It participates in the ECTS;
- It works under joint international projects with more than 100 universities and organizations;
- BFU is a partner of UNESCO under the UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs Prpgramme, and is a host institution of UNESCO Chair on Culture of Peace and Human Rights.
It is the mission of Burgas Free University to be a flexible, enterprising and socially responsible institution, which provides training of undergraduates and graduates with skills for quick professional realization and a career in a dynamic and globalizing environment.
The main aims of the activities at BFU are as follows:
- To inspire and stimulate the students for high achievements, social development and life-long learning;
- To provide scientific and professional environment, which allows for contribution, entrepreneurship and leadership;
- To incorporate, protect and support the contemporary academic community, its scientific and research teams;
- To achieve scientific results of public importance, to promote their application into training and practice;
- To contribute to the intellectual and spiritual development of personality and society, to maintain and enrich the national and human values.
Burgas Free University provides education and training in the following academic areas:
- Legal, Social and Economic Sciences;
- Technical and Computer Sciences.