Quality management stems from BSU's status as a non-state higher education institution and from the university's mission to prepare competitive specialists with higher qualifications and qualities for rapid professional realization and development in a dynamic and globalizing environment.
The Burgas Free University is currently in the process of work and certification according to the ISO 9001:2015 standard, and all main activities and directions are being prepared for certification: education of students in bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees, qualification activities, research activities and international activities.
The methods and processes of the quality management at BFU are as follows:
- Annual questionnaires are developed and carried out with the applicants of BFU, the students, the graduates, the teachers and the employers.
- Regular internal audits are carried out to monitor all the main, auxiliary and service activities and structural units of the university.
- The results of the questionnaires and audits are analyzed by the university management and through the system of decision making and control specific measures are planned.
- Regular training courses are held in order to improve the qualification of the teachers and staff according to the needs analysis carried out.
- Annual evaluation and attestation of the university academic staff is carried out.