STATUTE, MISSION, ACADEMIC PROFILE
Burgas Free University /BFU/ was established with an Act of The Great National Assembly on 18 September 1991, and is one of the first non-state universities in the country.
The University is accredited by the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency and is certified under the International Quality Standard ISO 9001:2008:
BFU is a modern and innovative university, caring for its students and their professional realization, and which has significant academic achievements and an internationally recognized status:
- BFU is a member of the European Universities Association /EUA/.
- It has signed Agreements of Cooperation with 36 universities and organizations in Europe, America, Asia and Africa.
- It implements students and staff exchange programmes with 24 universities in Europe.
- It participates in the ECTS.
- It works under joint international projects with more than 100 universities and organizations.
- BFU is a partner of UNESCO under the UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs Prpgramme, and is a host institution of UNESCO Chair on Culture of Peace and Human Rights.
ACCREDITATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
Burgas Free University is certified according to the quality standards of the International Organization for Standardization /ISO/. In 2005 BFU was certified under ISO 9001:2000 and in 2010 - under ISO 9001:2008. All the University’s main activities have been certified, as well as its degree programmes: education of students in Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes, qualification, research and international relations activities.
President of BFU
Prof. Petko Chobanov, PhD
Tel. +359 56 900 500