The scholarships paid to the students of Burgas Free University are provided within the project BG051PO001-4.2.06 "Student Scholarships" under the Operational Programme ‘Human Resources Development’, co-funded by the European Social Fund.
There are two types of scholarships:
- Academic Merit Scholarships – 600 BGN (Bulgarian leva) per semester
- Special Scholarships – 200 BGN (Bulgarian leva) per semester
Who can apply for an Academic Merit Scholarship?
- All full-time students who have successfully passed all the exams with an average grade score of the previous two semesters no less than Good 4.00.
- First grade students may receive scholarships after passing the first semester. The average grade score of the first semester of the present academic year is counted.
Who can apply for a Special Scholarship?
All full-time students who have successfully passed all the exams with an average grade score of the previous two semesters no less than Good 4.00 and who have participated in the development of research or practical projects.
- First grade students may receive scholarships after passing the first semester.
How to apply?
- Applications are made each semester according to a schedule, specified in the project web site.
- Applications are made online at: http://eurostipendii.mon.bg
- The printed application forms should be submitted at BFU, office 19.
- Separate applications are submitted for academic merit scholarships and special scholarships.
- The applications for a special scholarship should be accompanies by a copy/proof of participation in the development of research or practical projects.
Ranking: The academic merit scholarships are distributed according to the number of the students in the each programme, the special scholarships are distributed within the faculties. Ranking is made in accordance with the grade score average in descending order.
How are the scholarships paid?
The amounts are transferred to bank cards, associated with bank accounts, issued on the name of the student. The bank cards could be issued only by Allianz Bank Bulgaria.
For additional information:
Please consult the project website: eurostipendii.mon.bg
You may also ask at the Academic Affairs and Admissions Office at BFU.
+ 359 56 900 449
BFU, office 19